Commercial Fire Protection Services in Wisconsin from Southport
Fire Suppression and Sprinkler System Design, Installation & Repair
Southport Engineered Systems repairs, designs and installs state-of-the-art fire protection systems for commercial and municipal facilities in Wisconsin and Northern Illinois. Fire prevention is an essential facet of a facility's mechanical and safety systems. Lives are on the line. Don't trust a cut-rate engineer to design your fire suppression system. Turn to the experts at Southport Engineered Systems for trusted fire protection.
Southport Engineered Systems is the Midwest’s leading expert on:
Fire Protection System Design in Wisconsin
As a complete mechanical contractor with unmatched engineering and design capabilities, Southport Engineered Systems can design, fabricate and install a turn-key commercial fire suppression system for any new or existing facility. With decades of collective industry experience, our fire suppression system installers can identify and address potential problem areas of your facility to ensure you have adequate fire protection. Our services extend well beyond design and installation; Southport Engineered Systems repairs and tests existing fire suppression systems for industrial facilities. Thanks to our unmatched engineering knowledge and commercial plumbing services, Southport will design, repair and install the right fire commercial fire suppression system for your facility.
Our fire suppression systems incorporate:
- NFPA 13 Water Systems
- Fire Alarms
- Backflow Prevention & Cross Connection
- Fire Pump Controls
- Anti-Freeze Sprinkler Systems
Fire Protection Systems:
- Wet Pipe Fire Suppression Systems: Wet pipe fire suppression systems are standard in most buildings. Water in the system's pipes is released when the sprinkler heads are opened.
- Dry Pipe Fire Suppression Systems: Dry pipe systems have air inside the pipe and water is released after a slight delay. Dry pipe fire suppression systems are common in Wisconsin and Illinois where the water in pipes can freeze.
- Pre-Action Fire Suppression Systems: Pre-Action fire suppression systems combine wet and dry pipe technology. The system senses smoke or heat and activates a pre-action valve which lets water flow into pipes, creating a wet pipe system.
- Deluge Fire Suppression Systems: Deluge systems are used in areas where fire could spread rapidly. Deluge systems unleash a large amount of water in a small amount of time to quickly extinguish flames.
Fire Sprinkler Repair in Wisconsin
Your commercial fire sprinkler system is worthless if it isn't working properly! Turn to Southport Engineered Systems for fire sprinkler system repairs. We will protect your facility long after we’ve built and installed your commercial fire protection system. Our team of certified inspectors and engineers will repair, test and upgrade your fire protection equipment to ensure it’s always ready in an emergency. We install commercial fire suppression systems in new and existing industrial facilities. Southport Engineered System’s commercial fire suppression services include:
- Retrofitting & Remodeling
- Emergency Back-Up Power & Lighting
- Service & Maintenance
- Equipment Inspection
Warning Signs It's Time for Fire Sprinkler Repair
Regular fire sprinkler inspection is the best way to guarantee your sprinkler system will perform properly in an emergency. Our engineers assess the condition and function of your commercial sprinkler system. We identify concerns and make the appropriate repairs to keep your facility safe.
If you notice any of these warning signs in between inspections, contact us for fire sprinkler repair:
- Water marks on ceilings or walls: Fire sprinkler joints can be loosened by the high pressure over time, resulting in leaks.
- Damaged sprinkler heads: You don’t want to rely on loose, crooked or broken sprinkler heads in an emergency. Contact our engineers for replacement.
- False alarms: Any time your fire sprinkler system goes off randomly is a red flag. Trapped air may be the culprit, causing your sprinkler system to perform erratically.
Fire Suppression Systems in Commercial Buildings
Your fire suppression system is more than a series of sprinklers. Many commercial fire protection systems use emergency lights, fire alarms, hoses, suppression systems, backflow preventers, and more; each with their own set of NFPA rules and guidelines. Your facility may require some or all of these systems depending on your needs. Licensed in 7 states, our engineers understand the nuances of commercial fire suppression systems and will design a system unique to your facility.
Fire suppression systems must meet a combination of SPS and NFPA codes. NFPA codes are federally mandated and dictate mandates on everything from how a sprinkler head can be installed to how fire extinguishers can be mounted. SPS codes vary from city to city and mandate a facility’s required safety protocols. The engineers at Southport have years of experience working with state and county fire codes in Southeast Wisconsin. We guarantee your fire suppression system will be up to code and keep your facility and staff safe in an emergency.
Experienced Fire Suppression System Design
With decades of experience installing fire suppression systems in commercial and municipal buildings in the Midwest. We are integral in the growth of Southeast Wisconsin and our fire suppression systems can be found in buildings in Kenosha, Racine, Milwaukee, and Walworth Counties. Contact us to start designing, testing, building, or repairing your fire suppression system today.
Fire Sprinkler Inspection in Wisconsin
Our inspectors and engineers are certified and up-to-date on the latest National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) codes. We follow all mandated procedures for thorough fire sprinkler inspections as outlined by NFPA 25, including:
- Replacing or testing sprinklers that have been in use for 50 years. (NFPA 25 220.127.116.11.1)
- Replacing quick-response sprinklers and early suppression fast-response sprinklers that have been in use for 20 years, or testing them every 10 years. (NFPA 25 18.104.22.168.1.3)
- Replacing or testing 10 year old dry sprinklers. (NFPA 25 22.214.171.124.1.6)
- Testing or replacing sprinklers in harsh environments every 5 years. This includes corrosive atmospheres, corrosive water supplies and harsh water environments that are chemically reactive. (NFPA 25 126.96.36.199.2)
- Replacing all sprinklers in a representative sample if any sprinkler fails to satisfy test requirements. (NFPA 25 188.8.131.52)
We work with you to develop a regular fire sprinkler inspection schedule to keep your facility operating safely.
Anything that doesn't have to be done on-site is done in our pre-fabrication facility. This maximizes project efficiency, quality, and safety. Our shop is 50,000 square feet, so even the large parts can be made ahead of time.
Commercial air conditioner, air handler, and humidifier installation and repair are our specialty. Choose from brands like York, Carrier, Trane, American Standard, Johnson Controls, & Lennox.
Maximize the efficiency of your facilities plumbing with a purpose-built system made to fit your specific needs. We prefabricate as many components as possible to avoid outsourcing to other plumbing supply companies.